Chicago Trip 2012 - Information
Posted: January 17, 2012
1. The date of the trip is April 27-29, 2012. We’ll leave at 7AM on Friday and return by 11PM on Sunday. All high school band and choir member are eligible to go.
2. The cost of the trip is $675. The check/money order deposit will only be $150 is due by January 27. Students must have a total of $350 in their account by February 17, $450 by March 9, and all $675 by March 30.
3. There are two fundraisers for you to use to raise money for your trip. Please take advantage of them by doing your best. The first fundraiser will begin on Tuesday, January 17. The profit from this fundraiser may not be applied as your deposit, but will apply to your next payment.
4. The trip cost is based on 30 students and chaperones. If we have significantly less people going, the cost may escalate. If we have more people going, the price will go DOWN. Please keep us updated of your status if it changes. If for any reason you over pay, you will be refunded in cash to use as spending money before the trip.
5. We need at least six adult chaperones for the trip. Let Mr. Keller know ASAP if your parents are interested. Rooms are based on quad occupancy. If chaperones wish to have less than 4 in their room, that can be arranged, but the cost will increase. Please contact me for details.
If you plan on going on this trip, or your parents plan on chaperoning, please sign up on Mr. Keller’s door by January 20, and submit your deposit and permission slip by
January 27, 2012.
I hope you take advantage of this wonderful cultural and artistic opportunity. This could be the experience of a lifetime (so far).
Fairbanks Band – Chicago Trip
Payment Schedule and Policies
January 27 - $150 Deposit due
February 17 – Balance of $350
March 9 – Balance of $450
March 30 – Full Balance of $675
- The deposit is non-refundable and serves as a good-faith gesture that your student (or you) will, indeed, go on this trip. It must be paid in the form of a check, or money order. To protect both you and the music boosters, NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED. Fundraising profits cannot be applied as a trip deposit. This deposit secures your tickets for Jersey Boys and the Wynton Marsalis concert, as well as dining and hotel.
- Each subsequent payment is refundable only until the next payment is due. For example:
If you pay the deposit and then decide in January that you will not be going, you’re out $150.
If you pay the deposit and the first payment, but change your mind before February 17, you can still get $200 back, but not the deposit.
If you pay the deposit and first payment, but decide after February 17 that you’re not going, you’re out $350.
- If you have any questions on this refund policy, please call or email Mr. Keller.
- Trip cost includes all entry fees, transportation, lodging, insurance, fees, taxes, and gratuities. The only cash you should need is for lunch each day, food en-route, and for shopping/souvenirs.
- If you overpay, or if fundraising profits raise you above the cost of the trip, that money will be refunded before we take the trip (this might be good spending money to send with students on the trip!)
- Chaperones must be a parent of a student on the trip or a Fairbanks staff member over the age of 21. Please understand that I cannot make exceptions to this rule, so please don’t ask.
· Finally: If we have more than 30 people going on the trip, the cost may be LESS than $675. If it is indeed less, the difference will be refunded to you prior to the trip. If we fill the bus with 45 people, the cost is only $526 per person!
Fairbanks Band – Chicago Trip
Friday, April 27
Check into Hotel/Clean Up
Dinner at Gino’s or similar (included)
Saturday, April 28
Breakfast at Hard Rock Cafe (included)
The Art Institute of Chicago
Lunch on your own*
Shopping on Michigan Ave.
Dinner at Maggiano’s or similar (included)
Wynton at 50 – Symphony Center
Sunday, April 29
Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe (included)
Lunch on Own*
Depart for Home
Return to FHS 11PM
- - please note that several meals are “on your own”. These meals are to be paid out of pocket.
** - This itinerary is subject to change. We will do our best to preserve this schedule within budgetary constraints.