Mid-Year Concert - March 12, 2012
Fairbanks Music Department’s Annual
Mid-Year Concert 2012
Monday, March 12, 2012, 7:00 P.M.
Order of performance:
Middle School Choir
High School Choir
Junior High Concert Band
High School Concert Band
Information for Performers:
Be in the High School Cafeteria at at 6:30 to warm up. At approximately 7:00, we will go to the gym to find our places on the risers and present our program. After we perform, please take your seat with your family. If you are also in JH concert band, please see more details below. After the HS concert band has concluded their program, you are free to go.
Be in the MIDDLE School Cafeteria at at 6:45 to warm up. At approximately 7:10, we will go to the gym to find our places on the risers and present our program. After we perform, please take your seat with your family. After the HS concert band has concluded their program, you are free to go.
JH Concert Band:
You need to be seated with your family with your instruments and folder ready to watch the high school choir at 7PM. Immediately after the High School Choir’s program, go promptly to your performance seats on the gym floor. We will warm up and then play Chorale 8 and then perform our program. After we are done, we’ll file out and then you will sit in with your family. If you share instruments with a HS band member, they will be waiting for you in the corner to take your instrument. Do NOT go back to the band room.
HS concert band:
Be seated with your family with your instrument/music when the concert begins at 7:00. After the JHCB, take your seat on the gym floor and we will warm there. If you are sharing with a JH bando, they will hand you your instrument in the corner by our entrance after their performance. We will play a warm up chorale, then play our program.
- If you are on set-up or tear-down crew, please help fold chairs and move equipment. Bonus points or NHS/NJHS credit are available. Sign up on Mr. Keller’s office window to receive credit.
- It is asked that all performers stay for the entire concert. It is only polite and good concert manners to do so. The concert will last just over an hour. Only students excused in advance may leave before the end of the concert. Please treat other performers as you would like to be treated.
- SIT WITH YOUR FAMILY when not performing. Complaints have been received about large groups of students sitting in the back of the gym making TOO MUCH NOISE while other groups are performing. You are expected to use your BEST CONCERT MANNERS, students.
- Students are asked to be on their best behavior while not performing. There is NO reason to talk while another group is performing. Please only leave the gym between groups unless it is an emergency.
- HS band members are asked to stay briefly after the concert to have their official group photo taken.
JH Band – Gentlemen are to wear nice pants, dress shoes, shirt and tie. No jeans or tennis shoes. Ladies are to wear a dress, skirt and blouse, or nice pants outfit. I respectfully ask that skirts be knee-length or longer. Please look your best J
HS band and choir – Gentlemen need to wear black dress pants, black socks, and black shoes. Guys are also to be wearing a long-sleeved black collared dress shirt. Ladies are to dress in concert black as well. You may wear pants or skirt. The traditional skirt is floor-length. A simple gold or silver necklace, or pearls are a perfectly acceptable accessory. Keep earrings small and non-distracting. Look classy J
If, per chance, severe weather is imminent, watch your regular TV station, and/or check the band blog (www.fhsbando.blogspot.com) or Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairbanksband) or check your INTANT ALERT. Students SHOULD know of any cancellations before school is over, but if it gets bad after school, these are your methods of information.
Break a leg! Be precise, be passionate, have fun, and MAKE MUSIC.