Pep Band Info 2012-2013
The 2012-2013 Fairbanks
Basketball Pep Band
Monday, December 3, 3:00 – 5:00
Wednesday, December 5, 3:00 - 5:00
Attendance is REQUIRED.
Date - Opponent - Rehearsal Begins
Friday, December 7 - Worthington Christian - 5:45
Wednesday, December 12 - North Union - 6:00
Friday, December 14 - Riverside (Homecoming) - 6:00
Friday, January 4 - USV (Alumni Band) - 6:00
Saturday, January 12 - West Jeff Girls - 6:00
Friday, January 18 - Ridgemont - 6:00
Saturday, January 26 - Triad - 6:00
Saturday, February 2 - West Jeff - 6:00
Tuesday, February 12 - Jon Alder (Senior Night) - 6:00
- All band members in grades 7-12 are eligible to participate in Basketball Pep Band. Attendance is expected at all rehearsals and performances.
- There are only two after-school rehearsals. Other rehearsals are right before our performances. We will play the 4th quarter of the JV game, in-between games, and during the varsity game. Band members have the third quarter of the varsity game off. Games end approximately 9pm. Members are expected to stay until the game’s conclusion, unless excused in advance.
- If you cannot attend a performance, please notify Mr. Keller as far in advance as possible. We will rehearse before each game, so you need to be in the band room and ready to play at the report time.
- Please dress appropriately for each game. The preferred dress is your basketball band t-shirt, which is provided to you free of charge. If it is in the wash, please wear school colors…red and white. Don’t show up in the opposing team’s colors.
- You will be admitted free of charge to games at which we are playing. Please enter through the front door and sign in at the ticket table. The back door is only for set percussionists.
- When on stage, do not play unless we are playing as a group. Do not play while the game is in progress. There are only certain times at which we are permitted to play. Band members are expected to stay on the stage and ready to perform during the game. Non-band students and guests are not permitted to sit in the band seats during the game.
- Music folders will be distributed soon. They are on LOAN to you and are to be treated with care and respect. Please keep the music neat and in numerical order.
- The sign-up sheet for pep band is on Mr. Keller’s office door. Please put your name, instrument, and t-shirt size on the list when you sign up.
- Please be on time. Games are usually over around 9-9:15. Please arrange to have your ride to pick you up on time.
- Individual practice may be required for you to get down the tunes we play. It is expected you play your best at all times. Believe me….people are listening to you!
- If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Keller.
Remember that you ARE the SIXTH MAN…and can make a difference. Let's cheer our team on to a VICTORY!