FMB Update 7/11/18
FMB Update 7/12/17
Here's all the news before we begin the 2017 season:
1. Please study the calendar of events. All rehearsals and performances are required unless excused in advance in case of wedding, funeral, military duty, or as soon as possible in case of personal illness. Babysitting, no ride, sibling commitment, or parent commitment are not excused absences. Please arrange your schedule so you can make it to all events. Members participating in other school sponsored activities will need to get me your practice/game schedule as soon as it is available so modifications can be made. You can always see the calendar online.
2. I will once again be paying for summer uniform polos for rookie band members. Work on filling out your summer uniform with a pair of all-black athletic shorts, white socks, and white-ish tennis shoes. Please do not buy a new pair of shoes if you have anything that is not completely black. I am very reasonable about summer uniform shoes. I will get your gender-specific shirt sizes on Monday, July 16. FMB T-shirts are also included in your camp fee. Please put your unisex shirt size on the list no later than Tuesday, July 17.
3. Practice. Practice your music. Practice your marching. WE are only at OUR best when YOU are at YOUR best! You can listen and download your music at the Grand Mesa Music site.
4. Don't worry about ordering drillmaster shoes until after pre-camp. I will have more information available then. They are approximately $30.
5. The balance of your $150 band camp fee must be paid no later than band camp check in on July 30. No exceptions. Payments may be made at any time after July 16 in the booster mailbox. Make all checks and money orders payable to Fairbanks Music Boosters. The $150 fee includes lunch, dinner, snacks, supervision, instruction, social events, and FMB tshirt. It's quite a bargain, actually.
6. We will not be participating in the Union County Fair parade again this year. Just FYI.
7. Rehearsals begin next week! Here is the schedule:
Monday 7/16 8-noon - Rookies and squad leaders. Drumline 1-4pm
Tuesday 7/17 8-noon - ALL BAND MEMBERS
Wednesday 7/18 8-noon - ALL BAND MEMBERS.
Thursday 7/19 8-noon - ALL BAND MEMBERS
Friday 7/20 8-noon - ALL BAND MEMBERS
*Come prepared for each rehearsal with instrument, music, sunscreen, hat/sunglasses, water bottle, athletic shoes and socks. I recommend you wear shorts and a short sleeve shirt if it is hot. Wear light colors. Jeans and a black long sleeve shirt spell certain heat exhaustion.
8. Band camp begins on Sunday, July 28 at the school. Details are available on the Band Camp Page.
9. If you haven't voted for spirit days, please do so HERE.
10. All band members should bring a 24 (or larger) pack of bottled water to camp. This will aid in hydrating the entire band not only for camp, but for most of the season. Both Kroger, Meijer, and Walmart have great deals, with a 24-pack for less than $4.
11. I must have an emergency medical form on file for all band members. Please turn in the attached form to the mailbox as soon as possible and at band camp check-in at the latest. I need to know about any pertinent medical issues and medications in case of an emergency. I need to be informed to take good care of everyone while we're away at camp. If you have specific issues which require more elaboration, please feel free to contact me privately via email or speak with me in person. You can get a head start and download one here to print and fill out.
12. EVERYONE must be signed up on the Remind App for FMB updates this year. Parents and members should all register. There are various types of updates including smartphone notifications, text alerts, and email alerts. Not all FMB information will be available on Twitter this year. Remind is also a communication tool, so feel free to contact me with questions or concerns on Remind. If you haven't signed up, instructions can be found HERE.
Finally, come ready to do your part to make this the best FMB ever! See you on the 16th and 17th!